This wall was made for me.
Of all the cities I've been to in my travels, they're doesn't seem to be anywhere like LA. I am beyond biased of course being born and bred in LA but I have yet to find anywhere else that encompasses all the uniqueness that LA has to offer.
1. We've got great food, restaurants, and fresh produce. Diners have plenty of options when it comes to international cuisine from Mexican, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Shanghainese, Peruvian, and the list goes on. No one does Korean BBQ like we do!
Those with dietary restrictions needn't fret for once because vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, organic, local what-have-you is plentiful and much more convenient than most places.
The LA foodie scene is slowly starting to get more recognition (I'm looking at you James Beard Awards!) while Michelin stars aren't aplenty here, there are still some incredible spots you can't miss. If you want my recs, you'll need to stay posted!
2. We have an incredible multicultural melting pot of ethnicities who live and work here. Chances are, even the person next to you or a random passerby on the street is at least bilingual!
3. We can't shed the glittery glam of Hollywood and celebrity mecca no matter how many movies get made in other states and countries for tax breaks. Pop culture thrives here.
4. Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim, Universal Studios in Hollywood, Six Flags in Ventura, and Knott's Berry Farm in Baldwin Park!
5. Our vicinity to San Diego, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Coachella, Las Vegas, and Catalina Island for quick weekend getaways.
6. Where else can you have a morning ski in the snowy mountains, drive across a desert for an hour or so, and then surf at a sunny beach in the afternoon all in the same day?
7. For those who are outdoorsy: Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Sequoia, and Death Valley just to name a few...
8. For those who love art, we have some of my favorite museums: LACMA, MOCA, MOCA Pacific Design Center, the Getty Museum, the Getty Villa, the Broad, and so on always have amazing and awesome collections. And the street art in DTLA and Venice are a must see! We def have Banksy and other notable artists making their mark.
Black Asymmetrical Cutout Bandage Dress - Similar Here & Longer Version Here & More Modest Version Here // Wayfarer Sunglasses - Rayban // Saffiano tote bag - Prada // Strappy heels - Zara (old) // Lipstick - Mac Russian Red
Love it or hate it? What's your favorite thing about LA?